Good news approaches from the lands of Elyria… that’s right, character surname reservation is now live!
What Does It Mean?
Anyone who currently has a paid off pledge package which includes “Surname” will now have the ability to reserve their in-game families surname, dependant on their Influence.
In Influence order, each account that is eligible will be allowed to register their surname, starting with those with the highest influence reserving first and so forth.
This will reserve your name on one specific server, not all of them, so that no one else on that same server can use the same surname as you, unless you let them join your family.
To Reserve your Surname, log into your COE account and head over to this page: Surname Reservation.
To ensure that character names are as fitting and natural as possible within the world of Elyria, Soulbound Studios has put in place the following naming riles:
- Cannot contain numerals
- Cannot have any leading or trailing space before or after the surname if there isn’t a second word
- Cannot contain any symbols other than one apostrophe and/or one hyphen (example: Ba-twoon’ip)
- Can have at most one apostrophe and one hyphen
- There can be at most one space, max of two words (example: von Baschturen, Red Beard)
- May contain Extended Latin character set (a-z plus: À, Á, Â, Ã, Ä, Å, Æ, Ç, È, É, Ê, Ë,Í, Î, Ï, Ð, Ñ, Ò, Ó, Ô, Õ, Ö, Ø, Ù, Ú, Û, Ü, Ý, Þ, ß, à, á, â, ã, ä, å, æ, ç, è, é, ê, ë, ì, í, î, ï, ð, ñ, ò, ó, ô, õ, ö, ø, ù, ú, û, ü, ý, þ, ÿ, þ, µ)
- May contain at most two capital letters per word, one of which must be the first letter of the word (example: McDonald, Van Nuren, van Nuren)
- May not include any of the names or words in Soulbound Studios’ surname exclusion list (profanity, copyrighted names, Caspian, etc.)
- If your surname does not meet the above requirements, it will be considered invalid, and you’ll have to choose another surname.
- Surnames can be a maximum of 25 characters, with no word larger than 16 characters